Historic errors on business rates accounts can occur for a variety of reasons and often go undetected by ratepayers. Examples of some common errors include:
- Unclaimed credit balances,
- Failure to apply charitable relief,
- Failure to process Rateable Value reductions,
- Unenforceable backdated bills,
- Failure to apply vacant relief,
- Payment of rates in error on properties your business no longer occupies,
- Incorrect application of transitional relief.
If you think that you may have overpaid business rates in the past, we can investigate and recover any monies due to you.