There is now little difference in rates liability between vacant and occupied property. Despite these changes most ratepayers pay more in property rates than they have to. WYM Rating can provide a range of solutions to meet your requirements. Our empty rates reduction solutions can generate savings of between 25% to 100%.
There are usually several ways to reduce your empty property rates bill. As business rates experts, we will review your specific circumstances to identify the route that will yield the biggest savings.
Our empty property rates solutions cover all property types and range from a single property to large portfolios throughout the UK.
Examples of some of the routes available to mitigate your empty rates bills include:
- Intermittent occupations
- Splitting and merging Rateable Values
- Occupation prohibited by law, such as asbestos,
- Proving Buildings are uneconomic to repair,
- Proving Buildings are incapable of beneficial occupation,
- Challenging invalid completion notices
- Delaying the assessment of new buildings
- Letting to a charity